Re: [RC] PVC portable corral fencing? - Lra1222

Hi all. I used to use a portable electric fence, but after watching my
gelding roll right through it a couple times, I had to try something different.
didn't want to spend $500--800 on metal corral panels, nor did I want to carry
those heavy things! I made my own PVC panels in about 3 hours- easy as pie!
Horse no longer escapes.

I used the schedule 40 PVC pipe (the heavier type) in 1 1/2 inch size. Bought
it in 10' lengths. Cut each stick into one 6' section and two 2' sections.
The 6' pieces are for the rails and the 2' pieces for the legs. Each panel,
therefore is 6ft long and 4ft tall. It takes two of the 10' sticks, 2 elbows,
and
2 tees to make one panel. I made12. They weigh less than 20lbs each. I put
them in the front stall of my horse trailer with my hay. I use the 6ft metal
T-posts at each corner and in the middle of each side of my corral (3 panels
per
side- 18'x18') and secure the panels together and to the T-posts with the
loop-type bungees (the ones with the ball). I then run a strand of electric
tape
along the top, between the ground and bottom rail, and between the bottom and
top rail. The T-posts keep the horse from being able to lift or push the
panels,
and the electric tape keeps him from trying!

Hope I made this at least as clear as mud! :) Ya'll can email me for better
instructions if ya want! This arrangement has worked really well for me- and it
doesn't take as long as it sounds like to set up ;)

Hope I helped~
Lindsey
M21756
Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough
~  Theodore Roosevelt