[RC] Gas vs. Diesel - Lra1222

Hi. I just went through the same thing- had a '98 Dodge Ram 1500 w/ the 5.9L
360ci V-8--auto tranny. I absolutely loved it. It did pretty well pulling my
trailer (3H all steel GN w/ small dressing room). Got about 9mpg w/o trailer
and 6mpg w/ trailer. It had about 80,000 miles on it and I was getting nervous
about pulling my horses and horses for other people out of town with it-
started to worry about that tranny. I hadn't had any problems with it, but
wanted to
get out of it before it started sliding down hill. I got a 2004 Dodge Ram
2500 with the new Cummins 600 and the heavy duty 6spd tranny- I couldn't be
happier- that thing feels like it could pull a mountain! It also gets 16mpg
around
town, which feels great compared to 9! I still need to check the mileage while
pulling a trailer. Dodge recommends changing the oil, etc every 7500 miles -
more often under harsh conditions. It will probably cost me about $75 to
service it (haven't had to yet). I think it will definitely be worth it- w/
proper
maintenance the Cummins engines routinely last over 500,000 miles or more. I
plan on keeping it for a very long time -won't be able to afford another- ;)

Lindsey
M21756
Locks do not prevent theft, they only deter those in doubt.
~ Robert Morris