Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2004 1:11 PM
Subject: [RC] Help, replacing stirrup pads

This weekend after the Bar H boogie and very numb feet, I finally decided to replace the pads in my stirrups. Come to think of it now,  I've had them about a decade and they are dry, not very elastic, nor cushiony anymore. So I have new pads to put in, and we were going to glue them in place with "Red Hot" which is actually Blue glue. It is the plumbing glue for attaching pipes to each other. Plastic pipes. But when we went to open the jar of glue, it was all sludgy, had gone bad. Maybe it got too hot in the garage. Anyway, before I run down to the hardware store to get some more of the glue, I thought, maybe I should ask....   WHAT do you guys use for adhesive? I looked on the archives unsuccessfully. I am not going to send the stirrups to somebody to fix, I just want to glue the pads on myself. I seem to recall reading or hearing that the plumbers' blue adhesive for pipes was the thing to get. But now I wonder if I should go buy some epoxy or some other thing. Suggestions?     Beth Glover

Get rid of annoying pop-up ads with the new MSN Toolbar ? FREE! ============================================================ One would think that logic would prevail. But then, if logic did prevail, men would ride sidesaddle. ~ Bob Morris ridecamp.net information: http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/ ============================================================