Re: [RC] Another Portable corral question - Lysane Cree

I am looking at purchasing a portable corral -
something solid.
I would like to take my filly with me to expose her to
new things and new places. She is 2, athletic and good
at undoing knots :)
I don't have another horse to ride, so I would
probably take her to a ride and i would volunteer.
This means that she would be alone for several hours
at a time without me near by.
I really don't want to go with an electric corral - I
don't think it could really contain if she wanted to
get out; did I mention she's athletic? seems to have
an affinity for jumping?
So while she ties well, I would not want to tie her
the entire weekend to the trailer, at this point,
without being around. Anyway I don't have my own
trailer, so something like a High Tie is also not an
option - she would have to be tied right to the
trailer, and the trailer probably would not be hitched
to anything (my friend will just drop us off and pick
us up on Sunday).

I have found one company that sells round pens, and
will also sell individual panels to make portable
corrals. They are galvanized steel and each panel is 6
feet high, 8 feet wide and weighs 70 pounds. The
panels are held together with long pins that drop in
the slots.
Does this sound like a good corral? 70 pounds each
sounds heavy, but also solid.
Also, we probably would be placing the panels in the
horse trailer - what would be the best way to secure
them without making alterations to the trailer?

Lysane

Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough
~  Theodore Roosevelt