[RC] Corrector Pad Len Brown - Roger Rittenhouse

Lets get  one thing straight, I don't sell this nor am I really a big fan
of Len.. having owned Orthoflex saddle nr 139 for about 5 years way
back.. I    take all claims made with a grain of wheat.. chaff.

HOWEVER, I spoke with Len about this thing (pad) and read the web
site.. I was impressed enough to shell out the unrefundable $150 and
try it.

I have a very nice SYNGETIST saddle that just does not fit my horse
very well. Been reworked 3 times by  CJ and Dave.. they did the best
they could.
Since I did not sell the saddle, I thought why not try this. I sure
do NOT have the $2400 to buy another custom saddle, nor do I really
want to invest in  new saddle for a horse that MAY not be doing many
rides.

I have the SR ENDURO saddle that I re-worked working OK.
I thought well maybe this may help obtain a better fit for both
saddles?

First ride was with the saddle (SYN) and just the COR PAD - I will call it
CP.
I rode the Synergist. It seemed to keep the saddle off the back and
out of or up off the withers, like advertised. He went OK Did not seem
to fuss with the  saddle as he has done before.
So I wanted to see the pressure pattern both from the saddle side and
the horse's back side of the CP.

Put the CP on the horse then the Port Lewis Imp Pad (IP) then the
saddle. The pictures show the pressure the saddle placed on the CP.
Next ride was the IP on the horse and the CP on the IP then the
saddle. The pictures show the difference.
The CP DID isolate the pressure of the saddle from the back as well
as distribute the weight over the whole back.

Next test. I took a SKITO pad removed the foam inserts, placed the CP
on the horse then Skito then the saddle. Len says LESS pad is better.

He went quite well. We actually only planed on a 8 mile work on Sat,
but we found a new trail along the Forest boundary and rode about 17
miles.
I was getting concerned there may be a problem but he acted just fine
not showing me there was any problem.
He was moving out very free and easy. This saddle would jamb him in
the withers and shoulders before and he hated to trot downhill.
He did quite well.

Came back checked the back over very close, no dry sports no bumps no
heat - used the IR Gun. Just a nice pattern. He had no tightness of
back muscles with aggressive palpitation. I was convinced. This
worked.

I felt I did not like the CP direct on the back it seemed too tight
over the spine. so - I installed it IN the SKITO pad without the foam.
Now Len says NOT to do what I did,   I needed to test this.
Went out Sunday for about 5 miles. He along almost the same as Sat.
We only rode the same old local home trails so he was putzing along and not
working.

Not wanting to trust using this setup with out some sort of other
protection I put in the 1/2 inch Skito foam and rode today for about 8
miles. I had the foam on top of the CP. This added a bit more
thickness of pad but I found no back problems at all. He went along
about he normal way with only a small amount of reaction to the
downhill trot.
He is not a great downhill trotter - stifles- but he went better
with the CP.
Not sure IF I really want to try a ride without the foam.. I will try it with
just the pad and no foam again this weekend. We are doing a 20 mile
training ride. If he does OK , I will at least start the MP50 without
the foam but have it handy to add if I think he needs it.

I also rode with the SR ENDURO. Since it fits well, I dont think
there was much difference. But he did feel like he moved freer - I
need to ride it with the SR a few more time, maybe without the foam
insert. I will try that on Fri..

I plan on taking BOTH saddles to the ride and the same pad setup I
used  last week.  I will evaluate his back after each loop and make changes
if I see any thing.

I would recommend this CORRECTOR PAD based on the test rides I have to
date. Of course if something goes wrong later - I will post the
comments.
Pictures up on webshots

Roger Rittenhouse
www.vmaxept.com
800 655 8629
pictures  http://community.webshots.com/user/psdendurance

...but then, I do ride my horses a lot more than most people
~  Karen Chaton