[RC] Ground Controls and Tripping - kstandefer

If your mare is tripping now it is likely becuase the underslung heels and long
toes (they go hand in hand).  If you'll find a farrier who knows how to get the
breakover back and bring the heels back under her you shouldn't have any
trouble with tripping.  It's not the shoes that cause the issue.  It's the way
the foot is trimmed prior to putting on the shoes.  The shoes will exacerbate
the issues because they are more rigid than the hoof.  But, they are not the
cause.

Karen

We are talking about all the tools we can use to keep our horses safe and
alive at the rides. Training/conditioning is one of the best tools
available. It makes us better horseman and women, it benefits our horses
and could quite possibly be the key to preventing most crashes.
~ Lisa Salas - The Odd Farm