[RC] Beet Pulp for Chico? - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Ray O'Donohue rno2m@xxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

 Field Trialer here.I'm sorry to ask folks to re-hash the subject,but briefly
what the heck is it,how do you feed it,and might it be helpful for my 16 year
old very high mileage (per year) horse? He is a Fox-Trotter/TWH cross,a hard
keeper,and now at the end of the field trial year,he is thinner than I would
like to see.Very fit looking,but his rib are showing a bit.All the basics
covered including teeth,worming,etc.He gets 7 pounds of Triple Crown 10% sweet
feed each day,in two feedings,plus all the hay he can eat,this current
barn-load being 2nd cut Canadian timothy.He is doing about 40+ miles each
weekend right now,and for the first time in  nine years of riding him,I think
he is sometimes fatigued.He has always had great endurance,and still does,but
he is getting older. I rest him as much as possible during trials.He gets
Lyte-Now when working,in moderate amounts,and (per my vet's instructions),2
grams of bute the day before,each day of and one day after a field trial.We
canter a lot,depending on what is going on during a field trial day. Beet pulp?

in our dark soul the horse prances... The horse, the
horse! The symbol of surging potency and power of movement, of action...
~  DH Lawrence