[RC] Bar H Boogie Loose Horse - victoria thompson

I gotta tell ya the highlight of my day was watching that horse get wrangled in the morning. After that it seemed like one emergency after another (not that catching that horse was anything short of an emergency, but it was a sight to behold compared to the others). Anyway, I'm up at the trailer looking down the road and I see a horse doing some significant rodeoing with the rider having no difficulty staying aboard. They disappeared from view back into the Dogville camp and I figured the rider got off and was doing some ground work because I didn't see a horse running around anywhere.

The photographer and her husband came driving up and stopped in the middle of the road to talk with me (I board Taffy at their place) about 5 minutes after I saw Act I of BHB Rodeo. Way off in the distance I heard "loose horse" and turned to look toward Dogville. Barreling straight up the road 90 miles an hour was the star of Act I now opening the curtain for Act II. I said loose horse coming look out. Now, my side of the truck had nothing there. No people (besides me) no rocks, no berms, just wide open vet checking spaces. The other side of the truck had a little bit of road (maybe a couple feet max), huge boulders, a big berm, a power pole, ride management tables, Lynne's trailer, stereo equipment, breakfast, cars, and quite a few people. Act II came to a close with this horse choosing at the very last minute to veer into all those obstacles instead of heading my way into the vast open spaces.

Act III opened with people saying get out of the way and running for higher ground. All except one man, who bravely stood his ground. As the horse raced by, this fellow fairly leaped onto the horse's neck being carried out in front of the truck and across the road where he dropped off holding the reins. The horse is leaping around flinging this guy all over the place and he's still hanging on. The horse finally stopped and the rider's mom showed up with a lead rope.

I looked at the fellow and said, "You've been doing some bull-dogging." His reply, "Eight years." Curtain closes.

You're heroes name is Pat Robeson (God, please let that be correct - I'm horrible with names). This was the first endurance ride for both he and his wife and their horses. Pat pulled at the vet check with lameness, but his wife managed to make it through in over time. By the way, only 3 LD riders made it on time on Sunday. I haven't a clue how to get in touch with Pat, but I'm sure Lynne could find out.

Tori

REAL endurance is eating egg salad sandwiches for 3 days straight!
~ Heidi Sowards