Re: [RC] [RC] Drug testing - detection and sample size - Ed & Wendy Hauser

"...And I agree with Bob that the rule is not "worthless"--even if
it WAS true that we had no enforcement.  Is it better WITH enforcement?
You betcha.  But worthless without?  No way..."

There are two poles in how look at the world, rules and enforcement.  One
pole assumes that everyone will do everything possible to win without
regards to the rules, unless they are afraid of being punished for it.  The
other pole assumes that everyone follows the rules because it is the right
thing to do.  Mammy Yokom said:  "Good is better than evil, because it is
nicer".

Reality is somewhere in between.  I tend to think that most people are of
good will and if some enforcement is used one can get a high level of
compliance, especially when large amounts of money do not change hands.
Some of the posters appear to believe that the only thing that keeps most
people from cheating is vigorous enforcement period. I sometimes think that
their posts are more a reflection of their personal code than reality.

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875

ranch@xxxxxxxxxxx
406.642.6490

One would think that logic would prevail. But then, if logic did prevail,
men would ride sidesaddle.
~  Bob Morris