Re: [RC] [RC] Drug testing - detection and sample size - Truman Prevatt

A rule that is not enforced is worthless. The only way to enforce is through drug testing. Can't have it both ways.

Truman

bobmorris@xxxxxxxx wrote:
In this discussion of the AERC Rule 13 and it's
implications, I believe that every one has lost the basic
point of the rule.

The AERC has no intent to go into the drug detection
business. The Rule is very definitive in it's content that
the use of drugs is not acceptable and if upon any discovery
of their, use certain procedures will be undertaken. The
AERC is not an investigative body. It is a Conference made
up of like minded individuals that do not care to have the
use of drugs prevail with in their chosen sport. To that end
they promulgated Rule 13. Zero tolerance!!! What part of the
digit 0 is not understood. Parse it in any manner you wish
and it still says "0".

In other equine sports, the rider, owner, trainer is
presumed guilty of drug use unless proven other wise.
Presumed guilty simply because they choose to enter into a
form of sport known for the use of performance enhancing
substances.

Do you all care to imply that the same state of affairs
exists in the realm of endurance competition? If that is
what you see, be honest and so state the problem and stop
inveigling it in so much worthless rhetoric.

Bob

Bob Morris
Morris Endurance Enterprises
Boise, ID