[RC] Heat guns etc. - Ed & Wendy Hauser

When I was gainfully employed, I used both the earliest versions of the
cameras and heat guns.  The gun I used was made 5-7 years ago.

The cameras are indeed awesome.  They can be set to visualize 1 F degree
differences.  The heat gun that I had was able to resolve 1 degree C (~2
degree F).  I have played around with my horses, and never found anything
useful.  I think one could do almost as well carefully feeling for heat.
With some practice human senses can do a pretty good job in comparing
temperatures.

There are a couple of caveats here:

1. I haven't used it when my horses were really sore.  Palpation, and
watching gait were enough to get me to my vet for his/her opinion.  My vets
have tended to use observation, palpation, ultrasound, x-rays, and nerve
blocks to diagnose.
2. Having not purchased one of these instruments in 5 or 7 years, I do not
know if more sensitive ones are sold now.

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875

ranch@xxxxxxxxxxx
406.642.6490

One would think that logic would prevail. But then, if logic did prevail,
men would ride sidesaddle.
~  Bob Morris