Re: [RC] Drug testing - detection and sample size - heidi

Would it be reasonable to assume that Rule 13 violations would be more
common among the top 10 horses in a ride, and thus concentrate the
random testing on those horses?

Not necessarily.  There is always the chronic horse with the owner with
the lets-get-through-one-more mentality.

The thing about Truman's stats, if you think about it, is that they
underscore how rare drugging is in our sport, considering the number of
tests that ARE done.  The more rare the infraction, the harder it is to
catch any without testing a whole bunch.  If drugging was a common
occurrence, we'd see a few positives at the level of testing that we do.

Heidi

People in Alabama swear by manure tea as an herbal remedy for colds.
~ Lisa Redmond