Re: [RC] [RC] Question for the gaited people - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Nicole z_arabs@xxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jackie Winkleman wrote...
Maybe part of it is saddle fit also???

Quite possible.  However, they are sore exactly where she's
sitting and they do not seem to get sore when my friend rides
them (rather than her mother), in the same tack.

I have ridden Pasos for over ten years.  I have never had one with a sore
back from sitting deep in the saddle with legs slightly forward.  This just
helps to enhance the gait.  The Pasos gaits are natural.  They have it or
they don't.  Yes, you can inmprove it.  That can be compared to working on
extending
a trot or slowing down a jog, etc.

Sure, but I wouldn't ride a sitting trot for miles on end,
either.  Not a jog nor an extended trot.

I really would like to know if there is something I can tell
her that would be helpful.  She's already got both these horses
with a trainer to sell them, and plans to buy another -- I just
expect she'll have the same problems with the new horse.  They
are lovely horses, and I actually was encouraging my friend to
try to keep one of them for herself for endurance as I saw a lot
of potential in him.

Of course, I'm sure nothing I say will help her horses anyway,
but maybe if her daughter has something helpful to tell her...

~Nicole

all the tools we can use to keep our horses safe and
alive at the rides. Training/conditioning is one of the best tools
available. It makes us better horseman and women, it benefits our horses
and could quite possibly be the key to preventing most crashes.
~ Lisa Salas - The Odd Farm