Re: [RC] Pasos in endurance - Sue Riegel Williams

>From: "Mike Sherrell" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>BUT!

>Peruvian Pasos were bred for, and the gait only works very well
>on, going on flat ground -- i.e. valley ranchos. The gait is smooth partly
>because the Paso springs on its suspensories, <snip>

Gosh, Mike, I'm sure glad my 3 Peruvian Pasos didn't know this, as
they just boogie on hills.  In fact, my mare is such an incredible downhill
horse, that she just gaits downhill, never misses a step, and I feel
that I'm just along for the ride.  She is smooth because she has short
strong pasterns, good legs and a well timed gait.

Do they trot at times?  You bet.  One gelding I had developed a really
big extended trot that was heaven to ride.... and his working pulse dropped
significantly when he went into it.

Sue

Do you Yahoo!?