[RC] gaited appy/TWH's? - DAldr94141

Hi all. I've been extremely interested in this thread. I bred my "frosted grey" appy to a black and white spotted saddle horse. Hmm. Wanna take bets on what color combo we'll get? She's due April 20th.
The appy does a single foot gait. What are my chances of getting a gaited baby?
Will this baby have more of a chance to both trot and gait?
The mare can trot forever and has done awesome in competitive trail. I hope to get a baby I can do some compeitive with. I have ridden along with a Paso at a CTR and the horse didn't pulse down well. The owner said because it was a gaited horse and because of the way they travel, gaited, that it takes up more energy so it takes a while longer to pulse down.
Does anyone think this is true?
Did I make a mistake breeding to a gaited horse?
I don't do 50 milers yet but would like to in the future. I am now riding my 6 yr. old gelding Shagya/arab and he's wonderful at CTR's so far (our first year was last year and we only did novice rides) so I will definitely have a couple of different ways of riding when this baby grows up. I love the arabs trot because it is so dang smooth and boy can he travel at the extended trot.
Thanks for any input.

Deb