Re: [RC] gaiteds, collection and trotting - Paul Latiolais

A lot of Paso people in the west seem to think that a horse needs to be collected to gait well. My 15 seconds of "fame" was in a David Litchman video showing that indeed that is NOT the case. Pete has always gaited well, collected or not.

I have worked on getting him "balanced" and comfortable in whatever gait and carriage. I have not heard about gaited horses being "upside-down". I will have to read up on that (Thanks for the reference Dana). Pete does not seem "upside-down" to me, but his gait is not an animated one. It is more like a shuffle; no high foot action.

-Paul L.