[RC] shoes/bits affecting natural gaits - Sonshine575

Julie,

About your statement:

...And if that horse is "on the bit" and collected, it should be
able to naturally travel in a comfortable(for the horse) and effortless
manner, right?

Is "collected and on a bit" natural for a horse or is it a head and neck position that people choose for the horse?  I have never seen any horse travel that way without being forced.

If a horse is shod based on natural conformation and gaits with its natural headset, why change it with a bit?  To me it's paramount to asking an athlete to run with the same composure with or without high heels.

I agree with you that "I think it's important not to mess with
Mother Nature anymore than is nescessary. "

Catherine
gaited Morgans