Re: [RC] APF What is in it, and would residues from its administration violate rule 13? - Ed & Wendy Hauser

Do not confuse arguments about whether Rule 13 is  a good rule, with evidence that a particular substance is forbidden by the rule.

The AERC has adopted Rule 13.  It is very strict.  It is carefully worded to prevent someone from arguing that a particular substance was not a drug.  The committee that wrote Rule 13 was well aware of the word games people play.  For that reason Rule 13 does not mention drugs.  It mentions substances.

If the membership does not like Rule 13 the membership must elect representatives that want to change the rule.  That is how the AERC works.

Your argument about Se is pure BS.  Se is a normal part of all the forage in our country.  It is absolutely required for life.  Supplementing in areas where it is low is not using a drug, anymore than supplementing carbohydrates by giving corn to a horse is using a drug.

Do you have an alternate wording for Rule 13 that you would prefer?  If you do, post it and explain how your rule would make our sport safer for horses and more fair for the competitors.

I don't necessarily worship Rule 13, I just believe that we all must follow both the letter and spirit of the rule.  Just like we must follow all of the other rules.

Ed

Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875