[RC] re: DM pads and other under pads - Cindy Collins

I have several friends who use the DM pads and LOVE them.  They did not
work for me or my horses, although I wish they did since the maker is so
charming and fun to talk with!  I use a saddle with a flexible tree
(Reactor Panel) and the DMs caused rubbing, plus I don't like the lack of
form, especially the lack of built-in wither relief.

After trying out several under pads, a ridecamper directed me to a company
called Hill View Farms.  The web site is <www.american-flex.com/pads.htm>
They offer a pad called the Tacky Tack pad and it has worked wonderfully
for me.  I did have to cut off the trim on the back half of the pad, as it
rubbed, but many folks using the Supracor have to do that and the Tacky
Tack pad is only $45 !  I've used it for conditioning, jumping and
dressage so far.  It will undergo its real test at my first endurance ride
of the season on May 8th.  It has great wither relief and will pull up
into the gullet and stay there.  Anyhow, I think it's great.  Cindy

REAL endurance is eating egg salad sandwiches for 3 days straight!
~ Heidi Sowards