[RC] Treeless Saddles - KERRY REDENTE

Hi,

I saw your message on ridecamp.  I have both the torsion and the sportsaddle, well I just sold my sportsaddle and bought another torsion, if that tells you which one I like better.  I bought the sportsaddle first and rode in it for about a year until my  horse decided she didn't like the sportsaddle.  It's a little long than the torsion, about 28" as opposed to the torsion at 24" long.  I prefer the torsion myself and have been riding in it for 2 years.  I kept the sportsaddle and rode in it on my other horse, but I found that I was bouncing all over the place in it.  For one, the stirrups were not set back and the seat was too small so I was constantly falling forward and hitting the pommel.  The other thing I don't like about my particular sportsadddle was the fenders under the knee, it tended to fold and pinch behind my knee, I also don't like the nylon  stirrup leathers which rubbed my leg.  I love my torsion and wouldn't ride in anything else at this point.  So I s old my sportsaddle last week and bought another torsion.  One thing that I did differently is I replaced the stirrup leathers that come on the torsion and put the 2" beta-biotane cam lock stirrup leathers (like the ones on the ortho-flex endurance saddles, I've had a couple different ortho-flex models as well).  I like where the torsion saddle places your leg and there isn't anything that rubs or bunches up under my leg.  The seat is incredibly comfortable and most importantly my horse loves the saddle and doesn't get back sore which she used too.  I have also gone through 6-7 saddles before finding the torsion.  I think the best solution would be to demo both saddles and see which one you like.  Everyone is different, but most of the people that rode in both of my saddles also like the torsion better than my sportsaddle.  On a side note, my sportsaddle would have been much better if I had replaced the fenders and moved the stirrups back 1 1/2 ".

Good luck saddle shopping!

Kerry Redente

Coaldale, Colorado

Get business advice and resources to improve your work life, from bCentral. ============================================================ REAL endurance is reading the LD vs. Endurance thread/debate every 3 months!!! ~ Heidi Sowards ridecamp.net information: http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/ ============================================================