From: Joe Long <jlong@xxxxxxxx>
To: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [RC]   AERC Convention Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 13:13:11 -0700

On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 07:29:51 -0800, "Jeanne Slominski"
<endurancemorgan1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>My sister and I were sitting a few tables away from you. We did laugh at the crude jokes, but also realized that they were not meant for young people. Good for you for speaking up. It seemed pretty obvious that she was asked to tone it down, which she didn't do.

Well, I don't know.  When I heard some of the jokes at the banquet, I
thought "Here we go again."  The same complaints were heard following
some of the previous Conventions, and I know that in at least one case
the MC was hurt by the criticisim.

Yes, there are children in the audience.  However, it is primarily an
adult function.  And the young folks in the audience hear a lot worse
every day at school, from their peers!

So, were  a few of the jokes a little "blue" for an audience with
children?  Maybe so, but not enough IMO for folks to get their
knickers in a twist about it.

Just my two cents.

--

Joe Long
jlong@xxxxxxxx

One of the great joys of being a pompous idiot is that you can do and think
whatever you want.
~  Homer Safferwiffle

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar ? get it now! http://clk.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/

Locks do not prevent theft, they only deter those in doubt.
~ Robert Morris