Re: [RC] wilderness - Becky Rohwer

 I am a BCH Member also here in Montana.  We had a recent issues committee
meeting that I attended and this exact subject was brought up and discussed.
Yes, the BCH does seem to be helping out the FS with a lot of trail
clearing, which is the only way some of these trails get cleared for use.
The whole problems with the BCH helping them is that we do it free gratis
other than the cost of materials for bridges and water shed boards.  So
since the cost of clearing those trails are not written up in the FS budget,
they get less money to work with, then come back to the public telling them
they don't have the funds to clear trails, which is probably true.  So more
work falls to the BCH.  It is getting rediculous.
 One of our members that has been an outfitter for may years in the Bob
Marshall Wilderness would like to propose to the FS that for every dollar
worth of work the BCH does for the forest service the government matches
those dollars for more trail work that should be done by the FS.  This is
their job, not the BCH of America.

 Becky Rohwer - Montana

There is no better way to see the world than from the back of a horse.
~  Teddy Roosevelt