From: John Teeter [mailto:johnt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2004 11:30 AM
To: bobmorris@xxxxxxxx; 'Truman Prevatt'
Cc: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [RC] 2004 Endurance Team

.>.... Remember we are dealing with individuals here not starters.
Actually, we were dealing with truman's assumption that international
riders didn't (financially) support AERC (the 90% carrying 100% of the
load
issue). In that case, b/c AERC $s come from entry fees + dues and the
entrie fees are at issue, then starts is more relevant than individuals.

why not do two sets of numbers:

Bob's View:
1) how many individuals started 1 day 100s.
2) how many of 1) were international riders

and then (Trumans view)
a) how many 100 mile starts for the year
b) how many of those starts were international riders.

get all sides of the quest.

But really, I was interested in how many MILES, on average, an
international rider does.vs.the average across all of AERC.

I think, re: the last question, that you will find something like:

  the average international rider does 600 AERC miles every year.
  the average AERC rider does 150 miles every year.

I'm not thinking anything fancy, just arithmetic average of miles/member

stuff. I would not be surprised by a 4x multiplier as exemplified
above:)

jt.

This is a partnership between horse and rider - we don't
have any jockeys out there, just pals and partners. We'd allow a rider with
a broken foot, a sore back and a nasty cold to compete - but we would never
let a horse in a similiar condition hit the trail.
~ Dr. Barney Flemming DVM