From: <heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <dleblanc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <whytrotfarms@xxxxxxxxx>; <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, March 09, 2004 7:10 AM
Subject: RE: [RC] 1000 mile horses-dime a dozen? miles per dollar or dollars
per mile?

You can't beat us - we have 2 that were free (actually 3, but one will
never do a ride).

Well, you're right that TANSTAAFL, but we're similar--I paid $1000 for my
foundation stallion, who was my first 1000 mile (and 2000 mile) horse.  I
traded one of his daughters for the mare that was the second one, and his
son that I raised was my third one...

And the rest of you are right--the purchase price is a dropin the
bucket...  <g>

Heidi

The whole ride experience can be very hard, and at times you question why
you put yourself through such abuse. But then you remember all those
moments when you pop up over a hill and are suddenly surrounded by the
most
stunning views.  It's just you and your horse and for a moment time stops
and you can hear the angels sing.  Therein lies the addiction, at least
for
me.
~  Leslie Beyers

REAL endurance is taking your non-horsey family to a ridecamp with you!
~ Heidi Sowards