Re: [RC] [RC] ? Stallions at rides - Merryben

There are rules in place for unruly and dangerous animals whether they are
stallions, geldings or mares.  The ride manager should have made sure the horse
was tied properly and if not, made them leave.  I learned a long time ago to
tie a stallion with a leadrope from the halter.  Then another rope around his
neck, tied with a bowline, and the end run thorough the ring on the halter and
tied.  I know that some people consider a horse double tied when it simply has
two lead ropes which in my opinion is not any better.....mb
REAL endurance is your water freezing IN the cantle bags!
~ Heidi Sowards