Sent: Monday, March 08, 2004 7:25 AM
Subject: Subject: Re: [RC] 1000 mile horses-dime a dozen? miles per dollar or dollars

I would agree with Truman that the cost of the horse is inconsequential. My husband attests that I have spent over $100,000 over the past twelve years on my horses, (there have been three of them), and I don't even own land to put them on.

I thought when I started that endurance was a fairly inexpensive sport but that is not the case. The saddles, the vet bills, doctor bills, the truck and trailer, all add up and take up a large amount of space in the budget.

Now, after a year or more off from competition, I'm trying to figure out how to do endurance with an 8 year old kid as well.

Susan
AERC #13286