Re: [RC] 1000 mile horses a dime a dozen? - heidi

Bottom line is that there are 4850 of about 18,000 or 1 in 4
have at least 1,000 miles.  About 1 in 9 has at least 2,000
miles.  About 1 in 20 has 3K miles or greater.

I think that's pretty impressive.

That pretty well underscores my feeling that getting 1000 miles isn't all
that uncommon in our sport, getting 2000 is pretty good, but the company
starts to get a bit more elite at 3000....

(And David, it stands to reason that there are more 1000+ mile horses than
there are 1000+ mile riders--really prolific riders have ridden multiple
horses over the years.  There are quite a number of riders well up in 5
figures and darn few horses--those riders have several 1000+ mile horses.)

Heidi

REAL endurance is reading the LD vs. Endurance thread/debate every 3
months!!!
~ Heidi Sowards