Re: [RC] 1000 mile horses a dime a dozen? - Michael Maul

There are at least 111 riders with more than 10K miles at

http://www.aerc.org/Membership_Awards_Riders10K.asp

Riders are

MILES                   RIDERS
1000-1999               2019
2000-2999               1031
3000-3999               687
4000-4999
5000-5999               315

Greater than 10K 111

Didn't do each 1K miles to 10K

So there are probably at least 4800 riders with more than 1,000 miles.

Also impressive.

Mike

David LeBlanc wrote:

Heidi recently said that 1000 mile horses were fairly common. I'd dispute
the dime a dozen bit - that's 20 50's which amounts to over $1200 in ride
fees alone! But it did make me curious - how many horses make it to 1000
miles? 2000? What proportion of riders make it to 1000 miles?

I've found the columns on various statistics of our group interesting, and
this is something I'd like to know.

Why should I look good if I don`t smell good? ~ author unknown