Re: [RC] Gas survey revisited - Chris Paus

People.. please check urban legends before passing this stuff on. This boycott thing is untrue.. it's a hoax, an urban myth, etc...  http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/petition/gasout.htm   chris

Becky Rohwer <rj7647@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Gas prices in western Montana are running some where around $1.59 a gallon
right now. I just got an e-mail about a gas boycott too, and to me it does
kind of make sense. Although the one I got says boycott Exxon and Mobile.
I don't know how well it would work, but feel it is worth a try if MANY
people would band together. I suppose some people would think it was an
inconvience if they have to drive a little further to find a different
station, but even for a week or two it just might make an impact on a
company.

This is a big concern for me, and I would think a lot of riders in
Montana, as we don't have a lot of rides that are close to us. Last year
the closest ride I traveled to was 200 miles one way. Montana is a big a**
state and we don't have many rides here. Most of our riding is done out of
state. When I traveled to the Labor Day Weekend ride last year in
Washington and came to a station with gas over $2.00 a gallon I
hyper-ventilated for a couple minutes before I filled my tank. But since I
was already on the road I couldn't decide not to go because of gas prices, I
had to just suck it up and pay.

So if a boycott of a couple major gas companies might make an impact. I
will get on board. How about it. Exxon, Shell, and Mobile - No Way.

Becky Rohwer - Montana

We are talking about all the tools we can use to keep our horses safe and
alive at the rides. Training/conditioning is one of the best tools
available. It makes us better horseman and women, it benefits our horses
and could quite possibly be the key to preventing most crashes.
~ Lisa Salas - The Odd Farm

"A good horse makes short miles," George Eliot

Chris and Star

BayRab Acres
http://pages.prodigy.net/paus