[RC] Best trails for wet spring weather in SW Michigan? - Karen Casemier

I live near Caledonia, MI (just SE of Grand Rapids), and am itching to get on the trails to start conditioning (and thanks to those to responded to my request for information about moving up from a 25 to a 50 miler within a season). My husband and I usually ride at Ionia State Park, but I expect an especially wet spring due to the massive amounts of snow we got this year - and I've had to deal with some really bad mud at Ionia in the past. My guess is we are going to have to wait for things to dry out before we can hit our favorite trails. For those in the area, what trails have the best footing in these wet conditions? Yankee Springs is a close drive for us - anyone know what those trails are like in the early spring? Other areas in SW Michigan that would have decent footing soon?

Also, if anyone in the area is looking for a partner to ride with occasionally, please let me know. I know my husband isn't going to have time to go out with me as often as I like, and would love to have some company. I have my own trailer and could meet you at the trails, or, if you live in or near Caledonia, we could trailer somewhere together or hack out on the dirt roads. Note that I am a newbie - this will be my first year competing - so be forewarned!

Thanks!

Karen and Mazzie

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar ? get it now! http://clk.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/

People in Alabama swear by manure tea as an herbal remedy for colds.
~ Lisa Redmond