[RC] Help. Just Got a Project Horse - JANISPHELPS

Good for you for having the compassion and heart to help a four-legged friend out.  I have done this twice.  The second one is a similar story.  A morgan, 200 pounds underweight from ignorant ownership.  She was his (who knows) maybe third owner.  He had been beated on the head every time he made a mistake by the previous owner who was sure he could turn him into a barrel horse!  When I took him home he was skin and bones, his coat felt like wire, he  trembled and pooped all over himself when you walked up to him, your couldn't touch his head, and, yet, he had a kind eye and a sweet disposition.  We fed him 24/7, got his teeth floated, feet fixed, loved on him for months, and then began retraining him kindly, fairly, and firmly.  Two years later, my "project horse" has become a family member.  He's ridden lightly because he goes lame otherwise.  (My vet didn't even think he'd survive the starvation).  But I figure he's earned it.  We can't save all of them, but if we each just saved one--or at least found a quality home for one--countless horses would be given the respect and honor they have earned.  Maybe yours can be used again, perhaps even sold to a great home.  But if not, give him your help.  "Santo" is now an easy-going, forward moving, non-explosive-pooping pal who loves his ears and forhead scratched.  He lives with four other horses and he's worth all the time, money, and effort it took to rehabilitate him.  I wish you every blessing.  J