[RC] When to stop feeding fat before a race - Jerry & Susan Milam

This question is for all who have experience with this high fat diet stuff
with horses and of course, Dr. Susan G.

I've been feeding beet pulp with black oil sunflower seeds and flax over the
winter and have a ride coming in three weeks. Do I cut out the fats now or
wait, or don't bother to stop the fats at all?

I'm  working very hard to improve gut sounds during rides and have monitored
gut sounds during training so I have a better idea what is normal for my
guy. Gut sounds are my goal area of improvement this year.

TIA

In His Hands,
Susan, Fly Bye & Dandy

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time you are given."
Gandalf the Grey of Lord of the Rings

If you treat an Arab like a Thoroughbred, it will behave like a Quarter
horse.
~  Libby Llop