[RC] bits - Dyane Smith

My horse's favorite bit was a low port Kimberwicke that was covered in a
very hard rubber.  No worry that it would be too cold (of course, I lived in
So. Cal. so no true test anyway).  But, pretty much with that horse, I rode
on the buckle.  The poll action was appropriate for the odd moments it was
needed, the rest of the time, it appeared to be comfortable.  If you want to
use a kimberwicke, I would recommend this style, although, for some reason,
they may not make them anymore.  From what I understand, this one may have
come from England.

My middle horse responds very well to a sidepull, but we haven't done a ride
yet, so I may be rethinking it.

Dyane

If you treat an Arab like a Thoroughbred, it will behave like a Quarter
horse.
~  Libby Llop