[RC] New years goals - rides2far

Second is to get my self in better condition....no
kiddin'...I'm serious this year..<rolling eyes>

If you're in the fitness mood I have a recommendation. Last Christmas I
bought my daughters a Pilate's video (so I could try it>g<) It didn't
make me pretty, but I think it actually helped me figure out some of my
problems riding. I've always known that I was uneven but nobody could
really tell me what I was doing. In the Pilates exercises there's lots of
stuff where you're working on your abs and you've got your legs lifted
out in front of you. I'd work out in my tights (leather knees and all)
and started making sure my socks were exactly even and sure enough, what
feels straight to me has my left hip dropped.

There's exercises where you have to sort of get in the position you'd get
in to do a Cannonball dive , balance on your tailbone and rock back on
your back and come back up. If I'm in the position that feels "straight"
to me I rock in circles...but if I'll lift my left hip just a tad I rock
back up straight. If you're going to try this get on a mat (I use a
sleeping bag mat) and make sure your bra doesn't have hooks on the back.
ouch< I think I evened up some from doing these exercises because I was
able to make sure I stayed even and work out the muscles in the proper
position.

If you're interested, mine's the GAIAM Pilates beginning mat workout. I
tryed the more advanced one and it was almost the same thing and not
worth the upgrade. I think most pilates are about the same from what I
saw on TV though.

My goal is one more 50 to hit 3000 on Kaboot , then to find a new
prospect to start this year (ya'll watch for me a little wide base
gelding)...and meanwhile to see if I can get a completion on my
daughter's 1/2 Welsh. I'll be seeing you all from behind so work out
those buns and give me a better view!

Angie

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!