Re: [RC] speaking of twh/mft - David & Maggie

My old Morgan gelding, Bubba, did a Currier and Ives trot. He could keep up with my friend's standardbred mare without breaking stride. She was the only horse he couldn't out-trot.

He could out-trot most arabs at a canter. I couldn't post fast enough to keep up with him. 27mph. Amazing. And quick, too. Doing that trot down one of the old fire roads at Pike Lake, we were passing a trail intersection. Bubba remembered that we had gone back to camp that way the previous year. He made the turn going that fast. I stayed on, thanks only to my sidesaddle and having nothing to do with my riding skills! I think I was riding with Mickie N at the time.

Maggie in Ohio