Re: [RC] [RC] ? In the eye of the beholder - Elkenchild

I am so excited to be a part of this affirming dialogue. Yes, I have my own "eye of the beholder" story. My gorgeous snotty constantly lame walker mare, Satin, went to the trainer and came back on the verge of breakdown. He suggested taking her to the sale :(  So, I put her on dreamhorse, saddly. You know the first horse you own, that's not the one for you, but you hate to admit it. . .  A walker breeder with an excellent farm found Satin and she had the bloodlines she wanted, but the breeder was in the hole financially. So, she offered to trade. I got a little appaloosa mare in exchange. We traded at a reststop in the middle of a snowstorm. Roha is a roaning red with white socks and a big bald. My mom has always had appys, and I vowed to avoid them and do my own thing. But I've come full circle. What I thought was a plain little mare is actually a intelligent, intrepid new mount, with incredible movement and sooooo much potential!!!! She's a dream come true, and we're hoping to start some LSDs this year, to begin my career as an endurance rider, heh heh. We've started dressage and working up the foothills of the cascades and I couldn't be happier! If left to my own devises, I probably would have bought another black charger and missed out on my new best friend.