[RC] Abandoned Arabs in Colorado - Jennifer Judkins

I'm just passing this along from another group.  I wondered if anyone on Ridecamp could ID some of these horses.  There is a partial list at the end of the post.  Jennifer.

I got this email just now from Janet Chiesna:

I am trying to do what I can to see that 16 abandoned horses are saved from the slaughter house.

Some time ago Dave and Katie Burns of Rajan Arabians, Calhan, CO, abandoned 19 horses. It is not known how long the horses went without food before they were discovered. One has died and 2 have been rescued. The rest are temporarily being cared for by La Cheval Ranches, Fountain, CO 719-382-7908. The contact person there is Debi. The ranch owner is Buck Tinsley but he has been quite ill. His daughter, Tammy's number is 719-683-3594.

2 years ago I sold a mare to someone on a contract and she was boarded with Katie Burns. She left here in excellent healthy condition and weighed 1000+ lbs. She came back last Saturday abused, depressed and a rack of bones at 750 lbs. Another mare has been returned to her owner in the same condition.

I am hoping maybe some of these horses belong to someone other than the Burns'. I have contacted the registry to see if they can chec k into that for me. If you know anyone who may own one of these horses, please forward this information to them. If not, if you know of anyone who may be able to rescue any please let them know about them. I was told that if they go to auction, they will end up with the killers. La Cheval Ranches plans to foreclose, then send them to auction. This is going to happen pretty soon. Any help would be appreciated by the horses. Following is the list of horses. I copied it from a zipped email, some of which was hard to read so there may be some mis-spellings.

Registered Arabian Stallions:
High Ele Gahnce 1995 Chestnut AHRA #519365

Kida Prince Valor 1997 Bay AHRA #550099

ACDS Gandalf 1999 Chestnut AHRA #569348

Arabian Stallions ? registration pending:

Rajan Tahmaas 2001 Black AHRA #pending

Registered Arabian Mares:

LB Susannah 1987 Grey AHRA #383516< BR>
Keyahsah 1993 Bay AHRA #498367

Kalinda Il Kamar 1997 Bay AHRA #580403

Dominicq 1996 Bay AHRA #536976

Redlina 1998 Chestnut AHRA #560109

Arabian Mares registration pending:

Rajan Maarcqada 2001 Bay AHRA #pending

Rajan Nasheeta 2002 Bay AHRA #pending

Rajan Legahcy Blue 2001 Bay AHRA #pending

Rajan Apia Gahlan 2001 Grey AHRA #pending

Rajan Dedicqation 2000 Bay AHRA #pending

Half-Arabian National Show Horse:

Calico Cameo 1984 Bay Tobiano Mare IAHA #1A248174

NSH #003118-84-NAS

Palomino:

King of Hearts 2000 Palomino Stallion PHA #pending

Sincerely,
Janet Chiesna

Do you Yahoo!?