[RC] Hair loss - Wendy Mancini

    I have had an 18 yo Arab gelding at my farm in NJ for about 4 yrs now.  Every spring around the end of May, beginning of June he begins to loose hair from his mane & tail.  It culminates around the end of July, early Aug.  At that point, his mane is almost bald, the upper part of his tail is bald & his face is bare around the eyes & down the sides of the face. By Sept. the hair begins to grow back in.
    He is in good condition, on minimal grain with adequate timothy hay.  Pasture 24/7, shade.  All horses here are on a 6 week worming rotation.  For 2 seasons we fed him a garlic/brewer yeast formula starting in March.  All horses are fly sprayed once and sometimes twice a day.  We've tried just about every kind of fly spray including the "natural" ones  & Avon Skin-So-Soft.  Not fungal, not pinworms, not anhydrosis.    Still thinking fly allergy.
    Ideas?  Thoughts?  Experiences?