Re: [RC] [RC] Is it the end of the world? - Barbara McCrary

The only problem with a warm dry winter is the shortage of water that follows.  It's nice for riding but not so good for growing grass and refilling the aquifers.

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2003 7:37 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] [RC] Is it the end of the world?

Not meaning to brag or bring anyones spirits down, but here near Spokane, Washington, we have been having one of the best winters in a long time.  We have had very little snow (basically none), it's been in the 40s or above, except for a few days here and there where we get a cold spell.  This week we've had a cold spell and it's been in the teens at night and below freezing during the day.  Probably wouldn't be so bad, except for the cold wind.  Is suppose to get back into the 40s again by this weekend.  I have been riding all winter and we have had more rain than normal (felt like I was living in Seattle some days) but we've had enough dry days to do enough riding.  I'm gearing up for my LD ride the end of March, so have been grateful for this really great winter.  We don't usually get that much snow anyways, average of a foot or less in the winter, but there are winters we get dumped on.  I love riding in the snow, but I know there will be more winters with snow so am not disappointed.  Spring is just around the corner and I'm hoping our summer will be as mild and pleasant as this winter has been!
Shelley