Re: [RC] Weather - Lori Bertolucci

  Ah, but when it is 100+ here, at least I am but a couple of hours drive to one of the prettiest places to ride, Montana de Oro State park. And I love the coast, so going there is no problem. And besides, I can ride year around here, pretty much. Tho' Heidi, I will say, you definitely live in a prettier place than I do!
When I was living in Wa. I hated having to go break ice so that the horses in the pasture could have water. You knew that after a couple of times of breaking ice and removing it from the tank you were going to have to bring the water hoses out of the tack room (that you had just started warming up after building a fire in the wood burning stove to thaw out the hoses) fill the tanks, unhook the hoses, drain them, then roll them back up and put them back into the tack room so that they would be able to be used again the next time and not be frozen solid. Now I "got" to do this about ever third day. Nope, I am happy to have 100+ weather and warmer winters.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, February 24, 2003 8:34 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] Weather

>  Let's see. . . it's about 55, sunny and only 8:15am. Nope, not here!

Just came in from repairing tire chains on the feed truck, to grab a bite of breakfast and warm my hands before we feed.  I will keep you in mind, Lori, when you are sweltering in the summer and we are galloping the ridge tops at a dry 80 degrees with a light breeze....  <evil grin>

Heidi

PS:  At least the sun is shining now, so it doesn't SEEM like sub-zero.  :-)

PPS:  For those of you in furrin places that don't "do" Amurcun Fahrenheit degrees, Drin is at -40 C in SW Montana, and I am at about -22 C, right over the mountain from her in SE Idaho.....