Re: [RC] teamwork - David & Maggie

>>I've been sort of getting a complex lately seeing my name plastered all over Ridecamp.  I'm so confused.  :)  Who AM I?  Will the real Maggie please stand up?<<

Hey, me too!!!!

Of course, to throw in a Maggie Price story.....this one told around a campfire at the ROC many years ago. My late husband was there as a spectator and passed it along to me. Could be true, might not.

Maggie's father had to have eye surgery. He had to be hospitalized for this, so he killed time waiting for surgery, waiting for recovery, waiting to heal, waiting for bandages to come off by bragging to anyone who would listen about how beautiful his two daughters are. Both had been beauty queens in their younger days. One was Miss Whatever State, and the other maybe a Miss Whatever Runner-up (please someone fill in the blanks correctly). Anyway, the day finally arrived for the bandages to come off. Surrounding their dear father were his two daughters (who, though lovely, are no longer 20-something beauty queens) and all of the nurses, doctors, etc. As soon as the bandages are off, the man thanks the doctor, then asks, "Who are those two OLD WOMEN???"

Maggie Pritchard
Ohio--another snowstorm this morning--global warming my butt!