Re: [RC] disclaimer, oath, common sense - sharp penny

 I was lucky enough to ride Reno in the Clinton Anderson
last weekend at the Boyd, Tx. clinic. (thanks to a
christmas gift !) WOW..what a learning experience!! I
second Ed's comment, if there is a CA clinic within
reasonable driving distance by all means go. It is well
worth the money spent! All his on road clinics are filled
for riders but there is plenty of room for auditors. With
16 riders/horses to watch, you will get to see all
different types of reactions and solutions to the various
exercises he presents. My and Reno's fav one was the
passenger lesson where 16 horses are turned loose at the
trot while the rider just sits there being a passenger and
lets them go where ever they want to in the arena. The only
rule is you have to keep them trotting and can't steer at
all...kinda like bumper cars on horseback...yeee haw!!!
  I have to brag on my guy; towards the end of the clinic
Clinton said he was not a fan of Arabs but really liked
Reno and was rethinking his views on them! :)

Regards,
Penny

btw, i just attended clinton anderson's downunder
horsemanship clinic this weekend.  if any of you get a
chance to go, i strongly recommend it.  you can learn to
get your horse respectful, soft, supple and responsive.
no magic tricks here, just common sense and lots of work.
  but it is worth it!     ed