Re: [RC] Training Facilities (was too quiet) - Heidi Smith

>How can anyone explain what is seen on line such as the multitude of vehicles around the horses?

Most likely by the fact that the President's Cup and many of their other rides are sanctioned not by FEI but rather by their national federation, as several have suggested earlier in this discussion.

At the 1998 WEC in Dubai, although there were a lot of us charging around in the desert in vehicles, we were not driving along the trail, but simply following other routes to get to specified check points.  Even the Defense Minister's helicopter had to keep a certain distance away from the trail--as one of our crew people discovered after she hiked over a sand dune to attend to nature, assuming in fine Western tradition that "distance is decency," only to discover that she was far enough away from the trail to be in direct view from the helicopter instead.  <g>  (Lucie, are you out there??)  When it was an FEI WEC, the FEI rules on this point were indeed followed.

What specifications about support vehicles that other countries have on their own rides is up to them, surely....  AERC doesn't follow all of the FEI rules on AERC rides, either.

Heidi