Re: [RC] The Emperor's New Clothes: Another thought - Heidi Smith

>I suspect that security in and of itself will be a major deterrent to endurance ever being in the Olympics. And yes I think those that see endurance in the Olympics are in a state of self delusion. The IOC sure doen't want to see a replay of '72 where the terriorist attact took center stage.

Again, though, Truman, don't forget that the financial pressure is being applied here by people who are willing to have 15 vehicles and a helicopter for practically every horse on the course, and are willing to design courses where same can follow the entire event.  While these be considerations that would stop those of us who look upon endurance with our own traditional American values, those are not the premises on which endurance is being put forth here.  And again, I'm not trying to make a value judgment here--just making an observation about what I see happening.

Heidi