[RC] upbeat - Larry Miller

I was trying to be upbeat.  We are eons ahead of others.  Our vets are wonderful.  It is an honor when one knows you so well that he/she tells you that you can go on if you are smart about it.  I don't feel that the vet is being partial either.  Sure knowing the rider is an advantage, but then knowing the trail is an advantage.  We cannot have rules to cover everything.  That is why we are the way we are.  I wouldn't have it any other way.  Sure we run across 'bad' vets, but they are not the norm.  Bad riders are not the norm.  After all, no one knows the horse as well as the rider.  I feel very lucky to be able to do this sport in the good ol' USA and it is just as neat to be able to meet all of you from all over the place!!  It is a very good idea to find out why the horse died if that happened and if possible.  But at the same time, we need to remember that crap happens no matter how careful one is.  Just the nature of the beast.  Jeanie