RE: [RC] Paris International Endurance meeting, from Tony Benedetti - Bob Morris

Tony:
Appreciated your timely report and the fact it held all
pertinent details of the meeting.

I did become quite upset with your comments regarding the
description of competition as "In the US, we have always
held to the wild west
approach where you can ride any distance if you have a horse
to enter. Maybe it is time for us to look very hard at rider
qualifications."

Yes, it is different here than in Europe. We do have the
freedom of choice and the most lowly of people in the US can
compete if they have a horse. That is the essence of AERC
competition. I like to believe that we are not an elitist
congregation of horse people. I like to believe that the
least of us can compete with the best of us and, if capable,
beat the beat of us. Seignorie has no place in the United
States.

Why is it that if you come from the US you must apologize
for the way we make decisions. I believe that the AERC
methodology is the fairest and best system in the world. Bar
none. While we do not have the financial backing of the
emirates or the crassness of some of the Europeans, we have
very fair, well controlled competition unequalled in the
world. Our records are non-pareil, as bad as they are,
compared to any other country.

Let's have an up-beat opinion of our selves from here on in.

Bob

Bob Morris
Morris Endurance Enterprises
Boise, ID