Re: [RC] [RC] Drug Testing - Karen

Hmmm...I was 30th at the NCR.  I asked "Why me?" and
they said they were
testing every 10th horse.

Jim, Sun of Dimanche, and Mahada Magic

that's good, maybe they will keep doing it more randomly.  I just was posting that I had not ever seen it done any other way but with the top ten horses at any ride I've seen tested, maybe I just need to get out more :+).  In California, they get you when your horse comes in and pees in the vet check.  We have been tested a lot, so I have had a lot of opportunity to talk to the lady doing the urine collecting while we fill out all the paperwork.  it takes up most of your vet check time to get thru all of that.  I would like to know if she was right when she told me that only positives over certain levels were reported. Believe me, I really questioned and argued the point with her too, as it didn't seem right to me. I was just surprised that it was not against California law to compete in any kind of an equine event with 2 grams of bute in your horse.  Obviously, it is against AERC rules, I just was surprised that sort of thing is considered legal and acceptable in California.