Fwd: [RC] [RC] Preventing Treated Horses - Lynne Glazer

Begin forwarded message:

From: Lynne Glazer <anyone@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon Feb 17, 2003 12:17:58 PM US/Pacific
To: "oddfarm" <jsalas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [RC] [RC] Preventing Treated Horses

They sure check in Calif.

They've been at my Norco ride 3 years out of 5.

My horse was tested at a ride in 2001.

I took pictures at a necropsy at a ride once--it was an aneurysm, in a 15 yr old horse.

Lynne

On Monday, February 17, 2003, at 11:42 AM, oddfarm wrote:

Heidi said,
As I've stated previously, virtually every death that I've personally
witnessed at endurance events has been due either to a non-detected
pre-existing condition or to an unavoidable accident.
?
I have been sharing this thread with John and he asked me if any horse that has died at a ride had an autopsy done. How would we know if a horse had? a pre-existing condition without an autopsy? Is a horse checked for drugs in the case of a death? Can that be checked without an autopsy? Have drugs ever been considered a possibility? I can't recall ever seeing a report from any committee reporting on drug testing. In eight years, I don't think I have ever been to a ride where I have seen horses being tested for drugs.
?
Lisa Salas, The Odd fArm