[RC] the saddle search continues - Mary Golden

Just wanted to chek in with everyone.  I am  thoroughly enjoying the discussion on "precventing treatment".  although I know deaths can occur that are in no way the fault of the rider's, I am absolutely abhorred by those who do ride a horse to its death jsut to "top 10". I would be very interested to know how many of those poor beasts belonged to "newbies".

On the saddle front -- I have some good news to report!  It looks as though if I can find a saddle with a wide enough tree, Leesa can fit into some saddles.  I do have an Abetta Endurance that fits her down the back (but unfortunately not in the back).  I haven't measured the length of that thing yet, but at least it gives me a bit of hope.  In addition, I am going to test-drive a sports saddle on another horse I have who is hyper-sensitive to anything ouchy (even a small cuts portends the end of the world for this guy).

Wish me luck!

Mary Golden
Northern New York