[RC] Old Mac question - Sullivan

Yes, I have read everything in the archives about them, but still do not have a sense of how long they last.

My scenario is a coming 4 Arab/paint cross.  She gets out 2-3 times a week(ponied), with very occasional, short riding.  I am going to hold off another year on doing much riding on her as I think she is still growing and want to wait until her back is mature. However, she will get ponied. Although she has been barefoot since birth, and I had high hopes all the exercise on varied terrain would develop tough feet, I just don't think it is to be.  She DID get very nice, round and large feet, but I can see she is ouchy.  Our trails and roads are either very hard or rocky.....

Since I see no reason to steel shoe since I won't be riding her on a regular basis, it then comes to protective boots.  I have tried easy boots over the years, and know all the tricks of the trade for putting them on tight; but don't like the time and hassle, plus don';t want to deal with foam, and if you don't they have to be on REALLY tight.  So...maybe Old Macs are the answer.....

Any ideas how many miles generally you get on them?
Karen